Wine Clubs are a blessing for wine enthusiasts and newbies alike. They offer a unique opportunity to experience the very best wines without breaking the bank.
You have passionate people behind the scenes doing the searching, tasting, picking and sourcing the wines, ensuring you get the very best to your doorstep. What’s more, you also have their expert consultants on hand to help you with food pairing tips and discovering new wines.
With each of the wine clubs bringing its unique specialty to the table, you’re spoilt for choice today. With ordering flexibility and customization options, it can’t get any better.
Here are the 10 Best Wine Clubs that are sure to suit your budget, schedule, and palette!
1. The California Wine Club
California is home to thousands of small family wineries handcrafting extraordinary wines. Since the quantities are too limited, they seldom make it to your local wine stores or wine shops.
For over 25 years, The California Wine Club founders Bruce and Pam Boring have been working passionately with these artisan wineries and introducing their exquisite wines to the world.
Each month, they explore all corners of California’s wine country and select handcrafted, award-winning wines from small family wineries. They share with you these delicious discoveries along with the rich stories of each winery.
Majority of the wineries featured are from Napa Valley and Sonoma County. They also feature wineries from Oregon and Washington as well as wineries from around the world.
The California Wine Club offers 5 Wine Clubs (Subscription Boxes).
1. Premier Series Wine Club – Their Original and the most Popular Wine Club Subscription, featuring handcrafted award-winning wines from small family wineries. Starts at $39.95. Get this Wine Club.
2. Signature Series Wine Club – For collectors and connoisseurs who wish to experience California’s highest rated and most coveted wines. Starts at $134. Get this Wine Club.
3. International Series Wine Club – Handcrafted wines from around the world. Starts at $71. Get this Wine Club.
4. Pacific Northwest Series Wine Club – Limited production wines from the pacific northwest regions of Oregon and Washington. Starts at $77. Get this Wine Club.
5. Aged Cabernet Series Wine Club – The ultimate reward in fine viticulture featuring Napa Valley’s most prestigious Cabernets aged 8-12 years. Starts at $219. Get this Wine Club.
2. Gold Medal Wine Club
Established in 1992, the Gold Medal Wine Club is one of the oldest and independent wine clubs in the country. The featured wines have either won top medals in major wine competitions or have high ratings in the nationwide publications.
In the past 25 years, they have sent over 2,500,000 wine delivery shipments to wine club members.
Gold Medal Wine Club offers 6 Wine Clubs (Subscriptions) to choose from.
1. The Gold Wine Club – Medal-winning, hard-to-find wines from California’s family-owned and operated boutique wineries. You also get to learn about the featured wines of the month and history of the winery. Starts at $39. Get this Wine Club.
2. The Platinum Wine Club – This wine club subscription gets you rare, collectible 90+ rated wines from California’s top winemakers. On occasion, you get access to not yet released and exclusive wines through this monthly wine club. Starts at $79. Get this Wine Club.
3. The Diamond Wine Club – Limited to only 500 members, you’ll be one of the fortunate few to enjoy this quarterly wine club subscription. It features only 93+ rated, luxury-premium, collectible wines.
Wines are sourced from California and the world’s most renowned winemakers. Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon wines are on the list of featured wines. Starts at $165. Get this Wine Club.
4. The International Wine Club – International Wine Club takes you on an incredible tasting journey around the globe. Each quarterly wine delivery is from a different country. These wines are also almost impossible to find outside the featured country. Starts at $65. Get this Wine Club.
5. The Pinot Noir Wine Club – Captivating, world-class wines for those with a passion for Pinots. Members of the wine club subscription enjoy hard-to-find, small-production Pinots from various national and international wineries. Starts at $69. Get this Wine Club.
6. The Garagiste Wine Club – Get your hands on rare and fascinating wines before they are discovered by the world. Each wine is handcrafted by skilled and passionate winemakers in small quantities. These wines are almost impossible to find in the marketplace as each winemaker produces less than 1500 cases. Starts at $65. Get this Wine Club.
3. Wine Subscription from Winc Wine Club
Winc Wine Club specializes in sourcing exceptional wines from select independent vineyards and winemakers around the world. Then they go about understanding your tastes and preferences by asking you a few questions. Once they gain a fair understanding of your taste, they send you 4 bottles of great wine each month. As you review the shipped wines, their understanding of your preferences gets better and better. The wines start at $13 a piece including shipping. You can even skip a month anytime you want and cancel the membership at your own will. Join Winc Now.
4. Wine Subscription from Wine of the Month Club
Founded in 1972 by Paul Kalemkiarian Sr., the Wine of the Month Club conceived the whole ‘wine at your doorstep’ idea. This first and original Wine of the Month Club is now run by the founder’s son Paul Kalemkiarian Jr. He worked with his father in the 70’s and brings the valuable experience in wine tasting to the table.
Each month he tastes over 400 wines. Only 15% are approved for potential club selections and then only 1% make it as selections. It all gets narrowed down to two select bottles for that month. This Wine Club guarantees you quality wine at the best price. And the best part; they never charge you for the wine that you don’t like! And if you love any of the featured wines, you can reorder at special discounts of up to 65%.
Wine Subscription Clubs from Wine of the Month Club:
Wine of the Month Club offers 11 Wine Subscription Memberships to choose from.
- Classic Series Wine Club Membership – Each month you will receive wine sourced from vineyards of California or from around the world. You can choose both red, both white or one each. Starts at $23.96 plus shipping.
- California Wine Series Membership – This Wine Club Series is all about Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles, Santa Barbara and every wine growing region of California. Red wines only are the focus of this series. Starts at $43.
- The Vintners Series Wine Club – The Vintners Series features wines that are the winemaker’s passion. This is for those who believe that each winery and winemaker has a personality to their wines. You get to explore wineries from different regions of the world. Starts at $48.
- Limited Series Wine Club Membership – This wine club series will expose you to the best of best wines. Wines that are limited in availability because of their pedigree. Starts at $58.
- Cellar Series Wine Club Membership – This is for those who want to stock up their cellar with hand-picked wines every month. They send you 6 bottles every month from their Classic, Vintners or Limited Series wines. Starts at $98.
- Case Club Membership – You get 12 bottles of hand-selected wines delivered once every three months. Starts at $152.
- Mystery Case Wine Club – Love surprises? This is for you! Each time you get to explore wines from France, Italy, California, New Zealand and more. You get a case which is a mix of their Classic, Vintners and Limited Series wines. Starts at $99.
- Napa Series Membership – The name says it all. Hand-selected unique and expressive Napa Valley Wines. Starts at $63.
- Bordeaux Series Membership – The most sought-after wines from Bordeaux, France are delivered to you in these series. Starts at $63.
- Rose Series Membership – Two curated selections per month of the best Rosés from all over the world is what you explore with this wine club. Starts at $39.99.
- Pinot Noir Series Membership – Pinot Noir fans won’t be disappointed with the two select bottles of wine delivered at their doorstep every month. Starts at $95.
5. Wine Subscription from Martha Stewart Wine Co.
With this wine subscription, you get to enjoy wines hand-picked by Martha Stewart. What you also get is Martha’s exclusive serving, pairing, and entertaining suggestions. And the cool part – you can easily skip shipments or change preferences. In case you don’t love your wine, they’ll replace it for free!
Martha Stewart Wine Co. offers 2 Wine Subscription Memberships to choose from.
- Half Case Wine Club – A hand-picked selection of six bottles every six weeks. You have the option to choose all reds, all whites or a mixed bag. This is the perfect option for meals, movie nights, and romantic evenings in. Starts at around $50.
- Case Wine Club – A hand-picked selection of twelve bottles every eight weeks. You get the option to choose all reds, all whites or a mixed bag. Perfect if you’re hosting a dinner party. Starts at around $90.
6. Wine Subscription from Cellars Wine Club
Exploring new wines or stocking up your cellar has never been easier. Whether you are a novice or a connoisseur, this wine club is equipped to take care of all your wine needs. New discoveries to timeless classics theirs is a uniquely curated wine selection. You can go for a monthly, every other month or quarterly subscription in most of the 12 wine subscription club options. Free shipping and easy cancellation are a part of the deal.
Cellars Wine Club offers 12 Wine Subscription Clubs for you to choose from.
- Bottle Wine Club – If you want to explore one bottle at a time or are looking for refined wine for a special occasion or as a wine delivery gift, this is for you. Starts at $29 (one bottle at a time).
- Premium Wine Club – You get hand-picked best wines from limited release bottles and boutique vineyards. Wines come from classic regions like Italy and France to new hot-spots like New Zealand and South Africa. Starts at $42 (two bottles at a time).
- International Wine Club – This club lets you explore unique and hard-to-find wines from different global regions. Starts at $49 (two bottles at a time).
- Sweet Wine Club – For those who prefer their wine more fruity than dry. This wine club of the month sends you two bottles of sweet wines. While the featured wines are mostly white, it also features rosé, red and sparkling wines. Starts at $49 (two bottles at a time).
- West Coast Wine Club – Explore the boutique wineries and limited-production bottles from California up to Washington. Starts at $49 (two bottles at a time).
- Sparkling Wine Club – Featuring mostly white but also rosé and red sparklers, this is for the bubbly lovers. The two-bottle delivery of Sparkling wine ranges from French Champagne to Italian Spumante. Starts at $55 (two bottles at a time).
- Red Trio Wine Club – If your kind of wines is translucent magentas to thick, deep burgundies, join this wine club. A well-curated red portfolio of limited-release bottles and boutique vineyards awaits you. Starts at $59 (three bottles at a time).
- Natural Wine Club – Ever heard of wines made with minimal intervention? Well, it has to do with winemaking using any of the following methods. Organic or biodynamic farming, fermentation with indigenous yeasts, low or no sulfites added or aged in clay amphorae. Subscribing to this wine club gives you access to a new pair of such natural organic wines each time. Starts at $65 (two bottles at a time).
- 90+ Point Wine Club – If you trust nothing but a wine that has been ranked 90 or above on wine scales, this wine club is for you. A perfect gift to impress an aficionado too. Starts at $79 (two bottles at a time).
- Premium Case Wine Club – The dream of a well-stocked cellar will come true with this club subscription. It gives you plenty of variety in wine with the lowest price per bottle. That too from limited release bottles and boutique vineyards! They send you a new case of wines every quarter. Starts at $139.
- International Case Wine Club – Stock up your cellar with international world of wine at 35% savings. This wine club explores new regions monthly, making it an ideal way to take a journey across the globe. A case of wines every quarter is delivered to your doorstep. Starts at $216.
- 90+ Point Case Wine Club – This is the club for those who appreciate a finely stocked cellar at a reasonable price point. It is guaranteed to consistently impress even the most critical palates. Every three months you get a new case of wines. Starts at $389.
7. Wine Subscription from Plonk Wine Club
This wine club makes sure that you get natural organic wines made by passionate farmers. Your wine will be free of any pesticides or commercial additives used to enhance its color or taste. They dig out the hidden gems from traditional and emerging wine regions globally. You get to taste wines made from fascinating indigenous grapes that are native to their place of origin. This wine club puts you in the driver’s seat with the type of wine, quantity, and frequency options.
Plonk Wine Club offers 6 Wine Subscription Clubs to choose from.
- Mixed Wine Club – A critically acclaimed selection of top-notch organic and biodynamic red, white, rosé and sparkling wines. Starts at $54.
- Red Wine Club – Seasonal Red Wines ranging from light and bright to rich and densely-concentrated. You get top rated domestic and international red wines. Starts at $54.
- White Wine Club – An expertly-curated series of award-winning, sustainably grown white wines. You get a broad range of aromatic profiles from varied wine growing regions. Starts at $54.
- Cabernet Wine Club – If you enjoy full-bodied, richly-textured robust Cabernet Wines, this one is for you. Starts at $64.99.
- Pinot Noir Wine Club – This is a custom selection of elegant, light to medium-bodied red wines for Pinot lovers. Starts at $64.99.
- Sauvignon Blanc Wine Club – This wine club is for Sauvignon Blanc lovers. You can enjoy crisp, refreshing, unoaked white wines. Starts at $64.99.
8. Wine Subscription from Winecrasher
This Wine Club guarantees you the best prices for 89+ rated wines. They pick wines rated by the most trusted wine critics like Robert Parker and Vinous. As a member of this wine club, you save an estimated 20%-25% over avg. market prices. Super easy cancellation of subscription via email anytime is the added advantage. And if you don’t like the wine they send, they’ll offer you a different one at no extra cost.
Winecrasher offers 4 Wine Subscription options to choose from.
- 89+ Reds Club – 3 Bottles of critically rated red wines (89 Points and up) are delivered to you every month. Starts at $54.99.
- 89+ Whites Club – Every month Winecrasher sends 3 bottles of white wine rated at least 89 points by the leading wine critics. Starts at $49.99.
- 89+ Mixed Wine Club – 6 Red/White Mixed Bottles of wine are delivered to you every month. Starts at $109.99.
- Personal Tailored Wine Club – After understanding your needs, they tailor-make your wine club. If it’s the exclusivity that you want, it’s the exclusivity you get. Starts at $109.99.
9. Wine Subscription from 90+ Cellars Wine Club
One of the fastest growing wine brands in America, 90+ Cellars searches the globe for great wines from highly rated wineries and vineyards. After tasting hundreds of wines each year, they select only the best for their wine portfolio. The wines in the club are all 90+ rating and available at a fraction of the original source price.
Another perk for the wine club members – 15% off on most online purchases outside of the wine club.
90+ Cellars offers 3 Wine Subscription options to choose from.
- Red Wine Club – Robust, juicy, spicy, earthy, and more in red wines is what you can expect from this wine club subscription. You get quarterly shipments of six bottles of red wine during a twelve-month period. Starts at $95.
- Mixed Wine Club – If you’re an adventurous wine drinker who loves to try new things, this is the best wine club subscription to join. How about quarterly shipments of six bottles of reds and whites (plus the occasional bottle of bubbles or rosé)? Starts at $95.
- Throttle Wine Club – Get three wines every quarter with their Throttle mixed wine club subscription. It is for those who want to indulge in one wine at a time. Starts at $50.
10. Wine Subscription from Revel Wine Club
Revel Wine Club is an offshoot of Winery Exchange who’ve been in the business of making wine, beer, and spirits for 15 years. They work with eight winemakers worldwide to get the very best of wines. At Revel, you customize your own wine club subscription by choosing your wine, quantity, and frequency. Club members can enjoy complimentary tastings at their tasting rooms in Napa Valley and Paso Robles. Starts at $39. Join Revel Wine Club.