Scrolling through your Instagram feed during the fashion week is particularly overwhelming. Especially, when you want to follow trends but can’t coz if you blink, you miss. Worry not! We’ve got you covered on that. Get ready to rock the latest handbag looks with the help of our selection of the very best Handbag Trends for 2018.
Pastels, Jewels, Fringes and a whole bunch of looks ruled the runways this year! You’re gonna love it!!
1. Pastel Bucket Bag TrendThe bucket bag trend has graced the runways for more than three years and is now omnipresent. The spaciousness and comfort of the bucket bag are exactly what you need as you spring into Summer! The Spring Summer 2018 collection saw pastel bucket bags in collections from established design houses.
This Michael Kors Greenwich in Blossom is a violet bucket bag with many pockets. It also comes with a longer detachable strap. It is ticking off two major trends – Pastels and Bucket Bag! Buy this Now.
2. Small Solid Handbag Trend
Tough, sturdy and solid small handbags in vibrant colors appeared in many runways.
This solid bag in silver by Givenchy is in line with this trend. It’s made of pure leather and has a broad strap on the top. It’s complete with a silver link chain as the shoulder strap. Buy this Now.
3. Basket Bags & Straw TotesBasket bags are as much of a pre-requisite for the summer as is a swimsuit. And they are big this season. You’ll find designer straw bags for occasions ranging from casual to formal.
This Michael Kors Studded Straw Tote is an oversized chic tote. It’s made of soft natural straw with leather trim. The studded white leather shoulder strap runs along the length of the straw tote. Buy this Now.
4. Mini Duffle Bag TrendOne trend that has made a comeback and we are loving is the mini duffle bag. It is popular on the runways and among fashion influencers this season.
This mini duffle bag by Guess in pastel blue screams class. The thick strap that comes with this bag helps you make it a crossbody for hands-free carrying. Buy this Now.
5. Bejeweled Round Bag with TasselsIn SS18 we saw lots of pastels and party themed glitz and glamour adorning the runway. From Chanel to Balmain, the runway also saw round bags dripping with jewels.
The Prirang Round Bag by Aldo is a bejeweled, light pink, round crossbody bag. It is structured with gold encasing and a clasp closure. The bag also has tassels hanging from it. Combining four popular trends – pastel, glittery, round, tassels – this Aldo bag is a total steal. Buy this Now.
6. Striped Round Crossbody BagThe wardrobe of a woman or a man is incomplete without a crossbody bag. It’s reliable and versatile. Iconic brands have added their signature designs and made crossbody more desirable. And this time around the crossbody bags come in round avatars.
This mini round crossbody bag is by Guess. It has a blue on the white vertical striped pattern all through the bag. The adjustable crossbody strap is broad and white. Did we mention that stripes are also very much 2018 trend? Buy this Now.
7. Fanny Bag TrendSomething restricted to tourists, fanny bags are now ruling the runways. This 90’s trend is back with a bang. Premium brands like Balenciaga, Supreme, and Off-White are spinning their aesthetics on the fanny.
This fanny bag is the Kipling Pierson in pastel peach. Sporty, convenient and fun, this bag is the perfect way to keep your hands free. It has a main flap pocket and a zipper pocket behind. This fanny bag comes with a furry peach orangutan charm. Buy this Now.
8. All White Belt BagThe belt bag is the new favorite among the It-girls of fashion. For those confused between fanny packs and belt bags, the latter is the more evolved and chic-er version of the sporty fanny pack.
This all-white belt bag is the Steve Madden Women’s W-leader 360. This bag seems to draw its inspiration from vintage Coco Chanel. It is a small quilted pouch attached to a thick adjustable belt strap. Buy this Now.
9. O-Ring White Satchel BagThe O-Ring bags were made famous by Stella McCartney and J.W Anderson, ringing back the hippy era of the 70’s.
The GUESS Keaton Crescent O-Ring Satchel keeps with the trend, adding a luxe touch of its own. It has a white crescent shape and a crocodile embossed leather design. The O-ring handles are thin and sleek made of steel, adding a contemporary touch. Buy this Now.
10. Floral Applique Bejeweled Bag TrendAccessorizing a dress or an outfit has never been easier. Bejeweled bags were abundant this season with Versus Versace, Prada, and D&G.
This Fendi Crystal Flowerland Satchel is one such bag. In dusty sky blue, the bag sports applique in monotone flower and crystals. It has a broad flap with the F buckle and a long detachable shoulder strap. This bag is classy, to say the least! Buy this Now.
11. Embellished Box Bag TrendThe box bag, made popular by brands like Louis Vuitton, is popular for its structural appeal. This 80’s staple is back with a glitzy makeover.
The Aldo Euronike Crossbody mini vintage trunk look-alike box bag is embellished with gems in a floral pattern. The magnetic snap of the bag has a cute padlock and key dangling from it. Your perfect crossbody which is very SS18. Buy this Now.
12. Fringe Bag TrendChanneling southern charm and edginess, the runways saw a lot of fringes this season. This particular bag is a Valentino Fringed Leather crossbody bag.
This bottle green bag has fringes dangling from the body as well as the shoulder strap. The bag features gold accents in the form of buckles, adding a nice contrast to the green. Buy this Now.
13. Disguised Bag TrendCreativity was also at its peak with bags made to look like animals and everyday objects. FentyXPuma’s teddybear backpacks and Moschino’s box bag as a vintage tiffin box were among the favorites.
This Aldo Tiezzo Clutch is one such disguised box bag made to look like a vintage boom box. It’s made of leather in a sparkly silver color. It has golden contrasts on the edges and the top handles. The shoulder strap is a combination of a gold link chain and a leather strap. If being bold and trendy is your thing, this is your bag! Buy this Now.
14. Floral Handbag TrendReminiscent of mystique and romance, florals will always be a part of the fashion world. This season was no different with floral appliques, and floral print bags aplenty.
This floral box bag is the Aldo Unerrade in white. The bag features pink flowers and butterflies on it. It has a chunky golden chain studded with rhinestones. This bag is perfect for a Sunday Brunch or High Tea. Buy this Now.
15. Large Triangular Hobo Bag with FringesHobo bags, as the name suggests are comfy and effortless to carry around. This season saw a makeover to the hobos, via the materials used and extra decorative elements.
This triangular hobo bag is the Mariana Hobo by Steve Madden. It’s a faux leather hobo bag in grey with a classy matte finish. It features a unique asymmetric front fringe. The fabric lining makes it all the more durable. Buy this Now.