Highlighting and strobing are the latest buzzwords in the beauty world. This beauty trend is a tool for women to enhance their natural features and give the skin a radiant glow. It’s time you made it a part of your makeup routine too.
The highlighters or the luminizers come in four formulations – cream, stick, powder and liquid. However, liquid highlighters are the most versatile. You can use the liquid highlighter for a natural lit-from-within glow. Or sculpt your features by applying it to the high points of your face that light would naturally hit.
To help you get started with it, we’ll take you through a list of 10 best liquid highlighters and show you how to use them for that natural dewy finish.
1. Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel HighlighterInfused with coconut water and provitamin B5, this lightweight highlighter nourishes your skin. Though it is gel based, it works as a liquid highlighter with an added advantage of better blending. It blends well with all skin tones for a sensual golden peach hue with a luxe sheen. Add only a few drops of this highlighter to your foundation for that elevated overall glow. Or dab and blend it on your cheek bones, cupids bow, bridge of your nose, and brow bones to enhance your features. Buy This Now.
2. Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid HighlighterIf you’re into strobing and highlighting to enhance the high points of the face, this one is for you. The silky formula with micro-fine pearls gives you the right sheen with a little shimmer. This series has strobing shade for every skin tone. Take your pick from iridescent, champagne and golden tones depending on your complexion. Not only strobing, it is also great for a dewy all-over glow. Just mix a few drops to your foundation or primer. Remember less is more when it comes to adding liquid highlighters to your foundation. Buy This Now.
3. L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid HighlighterThis is one of the best liquid highlighters for face, if you’re into subtle contouring and highlighting. To enhance your eyes you can use it above and below your brow bones. Or apply in a diagonal line from the middle of cheek bone towards hairline to boost the cheek bones. And to define lips, dot into your cupid’s bow. You also get to pick your shade depending on your skin tone. Golden shade if you’ve warm skin tone, Rose for neutral skin tone or Ice for cool skin tone. Buy This Now.
4. Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer
If you don’t like your skin packed up with products but like a natural overall glow, grab this one asap. All you’ve to do is mix a few drops in your face moisturizer. The high performance crystals with multi-colored luster pigments reflect light. Result: a radiant skin with natural glow. You can also put a few drops of this liquid highlighter in your foundation or primer for that night out makeup. Argan oil, madonna lily and poet’s narcissus, make it one of the best liquid highlighters for face as it heals your skin too. Buy This Now.
5. NYX ‘Away We Glow’ Liquid HighlighterStrobing, subtle contouring or dewy over all glow – you get it all with this liquid highlighter. This light reflecting formula comes in nine creamy yet lightweight shades. You can build from soft to intense highlights with this liquid highlighter. It can add luminosity to any look with a shimmery finish. Buy This Now.
6. Revlon Photo Ready Skinlights Face Highlighter
This is the best liquid highlighter to even out the skin tone and get rid of dullness. Light capturing crystals and photochromic pigments in it give you a soft dewy glow. It gives a sheer even illumination minus the glitter and chunkiness. You can wear it alone to brighten your skin or mix it with your foundation to even out your skin tone. Buy This Now.
7. NARS Copacabana Liquid HighlighterFor a refreshed complexion with a slight shimmer, get your hands on this one. Your skin will glow from within with a slight pearly white silver shimmer. The ultra-weightless texture of this liquid highlighter from NARS glides on the skin. NARS Illuminator, Copacabana is one of the best highlighters for pale skin. If you want more of gold and peach tones, you can try NARS Illuminator – Super Orgasm too. Buy This Now.
8. Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer Liquid HighlighterThis is a translucent weightless organza inspired formula by Giorgio Armani. It comes in an extensive range of colors to match each woman’s unique tone. Blend it with foundation for a boost of radiance and color. Or use on top of foundation for highlighting and contouring. Buy This Now.
9. Sephora Collection Radiant Luminizing DropsAdd a subtle brightness to your complexion with this lightweight liquid highlighter. The best highlighter for oily skin, it won’t make your oily skin look even shinier. Instead, these Luminizing drops will give you the right glow. You can also check out Sephora’s Ultra light for a bronzier look. Or Starlight for luminous pink effect. Buy This Now.
10. Kevin Aucoin Celestial Skin Liquid HighlighterThis liquid highlighter doubles up as your anti-aging cream. The Raspberry Stem Cell Extract and Bearberry Complex act as age defense agents. They protect the skin from damage caused by oxidation. You can expect a healthy glow from this one which is not shimmery, glittery or greasy. Buy This Now.